Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dust Off That Library Card



If you're like me there's a nice list of decorating/crafty books in your head that you'd really like to spend a nice, quiet afternoon leafing through.  But if you're like me, you check on the prices of these books on Amazon and $40 per book adds up awfully quick.

The other week it finally occurred to me to check and see if my library carried them,
and lo and behold! they did.  So I placed holds on them and in a few days they were all waiting at my local library for me to pick them up.

Here's my first pick - Romantic Prairie Style by Fifi O'Neill.   It's a beautiful book.  And while I wouldn't really use either the word Romantic or Prairie to describe my style, I do like an eclectic look and found lots of beautiful ideas that could be incorporated in our home.








 This is sweet little book was recommended actually by Kimberly who won the Lollia giveaway a couple weeks ago.  I'm not really a seamstress - don't even own a machine, in fact.  But these projects are so inspiring... that I'm kind-of hoping a sewing machine will show up for me under the Christmas tree!




Feeling quite sure that I'd be perfectly content with this bag for the rest of my life 
{of course the fabric has quite a bit to do with that feeling}



Finally here's this book that I've been wanting to get my hands on for quite some time.  
Patina Style by the Gianetti's.  It's just completely beautiful.









 Hope perhaps you're feeling a bit inspired to dust off that library card and 
check out some of these inspirational lovelies. 

 Don't forget that cup of tea. :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have to go and see what my library has.

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I do love the library...so no dusting needed for my card. :-)
    Oh...and your blog has now become one of my favorites! So glad I stumbled upon it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'll put them on hold. I use my library a lot! Always good to get new book suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I will be heading to my local library soon... maybe even tomorrow!!!

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  5. strolling through homes and gaining inspiration in books and magazines is so fun! {or blogs!} :) i found some decorating books for a $.25 a piece at the thrift store the other day! :) someday, when i have time, i'll be able to cuddle up and look through them.
    happy day!
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haunt my library on at least a weekly basis--and have never realized I could check out some of those gorgeous home books that I stand and gaze at in Blackwell's Book Shop on Tuesday afternoons. Thanks, Cailan. You are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the library. Thanks for the reminder! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness...can't believe your library carries those! mine carries like 1980's maybe 1990's decorating books.

    natalie

    just found your blog and love it!

    ReplyDelete