Friday, April 6, 2012

Preparing for Easter

 I'm not hosting our family Easter celebration, but here's the table I did last year.
 

It was pretty simple, but I liked the contrast of silver flatware with terracotta.
I had just discovered boxwoods.






This recipe for Strawberry Dream Tart makes a pretty wonderful Easter dessert.
I think this is what we'll have.


Or carrot cake. : )


Today we finally dyed some Easter eggs, though I'm improving on last year when I did it the day before, and we had green and purple fingers for Easter pictures.


They enjoy it so much I feel like I should come up with another occasion besides Easter to dye eggs.



We had our house appraised today, so we had a last round of harried cleaning.  This is the last hurdle to get past as we already had the inspection.  I think it went well - so glad it's done!


Now to quiet my heart a little and prepare to remember and celebrate. 

He is risen! He is risen, indeed.


6 comments:

  1. That all looks incredible! I can't wait for food and cake this weekend...definitely my second favorite part of Easter.

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kiddos look so adorably precious. I love all your pics!
    Have a blessed Easter weekend!! ~He is ALIVE~

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pics, as always. selling a house is so stressful, but you'll be good. it'll all work out. happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little boxwoods on the table! So simple & so pretty! Beautiful pics as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the setup of your table. Gorgeous pictures. Good luck with selling your house. What a stressful time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made the strawberry pie - thanks so much for the inspiration! and now i'm making a separate batch of just the cream...the perfect sweet for this pregnant mama!

    ReplyDelete