Monday, May 28, 2012

monday, random

So last week we left on Wednesday for San Francisco.  My sweetheart was speaking at the American Lit Association annual conference, so I tagged along for an early anniversary treat.  We both had never been....it was a good time together in many ways, but also one of those times when we are faced with how uniquely different we are from one another....so, it was a treat, but a rather tart treat. ;)  Anyone ever have one of those?  I'll share a few more pics later.


 Loved riding the trolley.


 Got back Sat evening, and we're 30 days from MOVING DAY.  Haven't packed a single box yet, and Sweetheart is starting to feel anxious lest my procrastinating habits utterly ruin us, so in an effort to allay his fears and inspire his confidence, I said I'd have this entire room packed by Tuesday night. 


The trouble is I'm also going to be gone from 11 - 6 today, have a meeting tonight, payroll to do tomorrow and these fun people to continue to take care of...eh, books don't take too long to pack.
I can do it though, right??

 

 Also hope to post on the Vintage Bridal Shower food - I did have such fun with it.


 And it seems only right that you should know that Target has these lovely fun lampshades. Also one that's almost identical to my curtain fabricOf course, I left them right there on the shelf.  I am moving in 30 days after all. 


Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day.  If you have no plans for dessert, I would whip this Tart up quick-quick.  Comes together fairly easy, though mind it has to chill! : )


Happy Monday to you.

love,
cailan


7 comments:

  1. What a sweet post, Cailan! Your scarf is so cute, btw. :-) I'm glad you had a little trip with your man, and I'll be praying for you now as you busily pack. I love that pic with Josh and all the kids - so fun! Love you!!!
    ~Jaimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweety,

    Very lovely pictures. Lovely blog. Pretty lady. I don't mean to scoff. You can do it if you try.

    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh san fran...it's on my list! how fun! you better get packin' girlie :) gave a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um...HAVE a great day...or give a great day...either one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coincidentally we will be moving in 30 days also :) I do not have the busy day you do, or 3 sweet little ones to care for, but I must admit I am finding a lot of things (like reading your blog) to put off (yes, procrastinate) that job of packing boxes.... so they can be moved out....to make room for your boxes!!!

    Barbara
    Sioux Center, Iowa 51250

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, Cailan, I'm so happy you and Josh got a little getaway last week. How nice! Looks like you had a great time! Hope the packing is going amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you got a trip away!

    My honey and I were blessed to have a whole day together.
    (That's a rarity for us - we work different shifts.)

    Oh, and that cake looks amazing!
    I've pinned similar on Pinterest, but I haven't tried one yet.
    Looking forward to your post on the food.

    All the best,
    Dana
    Cooking at Cafe D
    http://cookingatcafed.com

    ReplyDelete